Best Air Miles Credit Cards with Free Airport Transfers in Singapore
Singaporeans love to travel and Changi is a very busy airport for that reason. Although Changi is located relatively close to the city, there aren’t that many convenient and cheap ways to get to the airport. Below, we feature some credit cards that provide free airport transfer to Changi Airport.
Best Air Miles Card for Overseas Spending & Business Travelers: Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Card
Standard Chartered Visa Infinite card does not offer free airport limousine service. Why did we include this card in this list, then? It’s because Standard Chartered has put together a very unique offer for holders of this card that goes beyond just airport transportation. Working with Uber, Standard Chartered Visa Infinite card will rebate 10% of all your Uber rides in 395 cities globally. In Singapore, an Uber ride to the airport should only cost you about S$15-25, which is already much cheaper than taxi rides. Not only that, you can get the same benefits in your destination cities as well! Though the rebate is capped at S$400 per year, that’s still 10% rebate on S$4,000 worth of Uber rides, or roughly 200 Uber rides at average cost of S$20 every year.
- Annual fee: S$588.6 and no waiver
- 1.4 miles and 3 miles for every S$1 spent locally and overseas, respectively.
- Hilton HHonor Gold status, complimentary VIP lounge access & travel insurance, discounts for golf clubs, yachts and private jets
- Promotion: Welcome bonus of 35,000 miles (or 15,000 miles and a Samsonite 28" luggage)
- Bonus: 20% discount on Uber fares globally (max S$50 per month, 10% if spending under S$600 per month)
- Read Our Full Review
Miles Credit Card with Flexible Miles Redemption: OCBC Voyage Card
OCBC Voyage card is the last card in this series. It’s a luxury travel card from OCBC designed to compete with Citi Prestige and Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Card. Though it lags behind the others in many aspects, its most unique quality is the flexible mile redemption program. While most cards have a rather complicated system with blackout dates and require you to book your trip weeks in advance, OCBC Voyage lets you redeem your miles for any flights at any time, as long as there are sits available on the flight you want.
In terms of airport transfer service, it provides 1 transfer for people who maintain a S$5,000 of monthly expenditure on the card. Once you spend that much in a given month, they reward you with a free ride for the next 3 months. Until you redeem this service, you do not get more rides even if you spend S$5,000 in another month. This system makes OCBC Voyage’s airport limousine service less attractive than offers from cards we discuss above, but it’s still a feature worth remembering so that you can squeeze every dollar of value from this card.
- Annual fee: S$488, no waiver
- 1 mile per S$1 spent, 2.3 miles for S$1 spent overseas or on local dining
- Flexible miles redemption program that allows you to book any flight you want at anytime
- Unlimited VIP lounge access, complimentary travel insurance and free airport limo service
- Slick metal design
- Airport transfers: 1 transfer for S$5,000 of monthly spend.
- Promotion: Welcome bonus of 15,000 miles and ability to buy 150,000 KrisFlyer Miles for S$3,210 (S$0.02 per mile)
- Read Our Full Review
Best Air Miles Rewards for Affluent Spenders: UOB PRVI Miles American Express Card
UOB PRVI Miles card is actually one of our favorite air mile travel credit cards in Singapore. It offers one of the highest mile award rates in the country without requiring the high fees charged by some of the other “luxury” travel cards in the market. It also wins out in terms of its free airport transfer service. For people who spend at least S$1,000 overseas in a quarter, they can get up to 2 airport transfers within that quarter for a total of 8 one-way rides to Changi per year. The service is conducted through a form of rebate of up to S$45 per ride. We think this is a good deal for most people, as they would not be making more trips to the airport unless they have to make frequent business trips.
- Annual fee: S$256.8, waived 1st year
- 1.4 miles for S$1 spent locally, 2.4 miles for S$1 spent overseas, 6 miles on S$1 spent on travel
- Bonus: 20,000 loyalty miles per year with S$50,000 of annual spend (exclusive to American Express version)
- Promotion: 12,000 welcome miles for new customers who spend S$4,000 within first 60 days (5,000 miles for existing customers)
- Read Our Full Review
Best Air Miles Card for Luxury Travel Perks: Citi Prestige MasterCard Credit Card
Citi Prestige is the runner up in this realm of airport limousine service. Just like UOB PRVI Miles card, Citi Prestige offers up to 8 one-way rides to the airport per year. One of the major differences, however, is that Citi Prestige will let you utilize this service up to 4 times in a given quarter. The caveat is that Citi Prestige requires a minimum overseas spend of S$1,500 for that quarter you will be travelling for you to qualify for this service, slightly more than UOB PRVI’s requirement of S$1,000. Still, you could be saving up to S$400 on airport transfers per year while riding in Mercedes. That seems like a great deal for us. Citi Prestige also comes with a plethora of other privileges that you can read about in our review here.
- Annual fee: S$535
- Annual income requirement: S$120,000
- 1.3 miles and 2 miles for every S$1 spent locally and overseas, 30% boost with a banking account with Citi
- Unlimited complimentary 4th night at any hotel
- Unlimited Airport Lounge VIP Access
- Complimentary travel insurance
- Airport transfers: 8 times/year for S$1,500 of overseas spend per quarter
- Promotion: Annual bonus of up to 25,000 miles when you pay the annual fee to renew
- Read Our Full Review
Credit Cards with Free Airport Transfers
Air mile credit cards are great because they can rack up airline miles for you as you make your purchases. Everyone knows that. What everyone tends to forget, however, is that many of these awesome cards also come with benefits and perks that go outside of the typical mile rewards system. Free airport transfers are one of those perks. As long as you book them in advance and don’t make the drivers wait for more than 15 minutes, some cards will provide you with a nice ride to the airport on a limousine contracted by the card companies. Below, we have organized the data and highlight key features of each cards that come with this benefit. With these cards you can start your trip in style and save money.
|Credit Card||Airport Transfer|
|UOB PRVI Miles Amex|
|Standard Chartered Visa Infinite|
Travel cards can be rather expensive in terms of annual fees and minimum spend requirements. However, for those who know how to use these cards properly, they can be more valuable than other cards available in the market. Complementary airport transfer service to Changi is just one of those services, and we recommend that you actively use this feature if you have any of the cards we discussed here.