If shopping is one of the biggest category of expenditures for you, you may want to look for a card that with high rewards on shopping at shops and online. With this principle in mind, our team reviewed 100+ options to come up with the best shopping credit cards – based on the value of rewards and bonuses they provide.
Table of Contents
- Best Online Shopping Cashback Card
- Best Shopping Miles Card
- Online Shopping Rewards Without Fees
- Best Department Store Credit Cards
Best Cashback Card for Online Shoppers: Standard Chartered SingPost Platinum Visa Credit Card
In our opinion, Standard Chartered Singpost Platinum Visa Credit Card is one of the best cards to use for anyone who likes to shop for things online. It offers 7% discount on online shopping, one of the best deals available in Singapore for the category. Not only that, it also has a low minimum spend requirement that makes it very easy to manage along with other cards you may use to maximize the total cashback you earn. If you are willing to manage a few different cards in order to maximize the cashback, we think Standard Chartered Singpost Platinum Visa Credit Card could be a very nice addition for any online shopper.
Pros of Standard Chartered Singpost Platinum Visa Credit Card
- 7% cashback on all eligible online purchases including online shopping, travel bookings and food orders
- 2-year waiver of S$180 of annual fee
- Monthly minimum spend of S$600
- Online price guarantee
- Promotion: Up to S$138 in cash rebate for new customers
- Bonus: 20% discount on Uber fares globally (max S$50 per month, 10% if spending under S$600 per month)
Cons of Standard Chartered Singpost Platinum Visa Credit Card
- Only 2% cashback on grocery at Cold Storage
- 0.2% cashback on all other retail purchases
Best Miles Card for Shopping: Citi Rewards Visa Card
In our opinion, there are two credit cards in Singapore that provide the best rewards for shopping. The first is Citi Rewards Visa Card. Unlike most other shopping rewards cards that offer awards only at predesignated stores or online, Citi Rewards card provides extra miles where ever you shop, even in foreign countries. Combining flexibility of choosing where to shop with 4 miles for every S$1 spent on shopping, Citi Rewards card has the best rewards program we’ve seen in this category. Besides shopping, it also helps you save money on petrol at Esso and Shell (up to 14%), though we do admit 0.4 miles on other purchases is pretty dismal. For this reason, we highly recommend Citi Rewards Visa Card only to active shoppers who can earn enough miles to offset the high S$192.6 of annual that is not waived.
Pros of Citi Rewards Card
- 4 miles (10 reward points) for every S$1 spent on shopping (including online), 8 miles (20 reward points) at select shops like Topman
- Up to 14% off on petrol at Esso and Shell
- Promotion: Promotion: 4 miles per S$1 spent on Lazada and Amazon until 30 June 2017, 15% off at Lazada until 26 June 2017
- Bonus: S$200 Lazada Voucher welcome gift
Cons of Citi Rewards Card
- High annual fee of S$192.6, not waived
- 0.4 miles (1 reward points) on other expenses
Best Shopping Miles Credit Card without Annual Fees: OCBC Titanium MasterCard Credit Card
OCBC Titanium MasterCard Credit Card is another one of the top 2 shopping rewards credit cards in Singapore. After its major rebranding in 2016, it is providing equivalent mile awards as Citi Rewards credit card: both cards now provide 4 miles for every S$1 spent on shopping, and 0.4 miles for S$1 spent on all other things. Though it lags behind its peer in terms of rebate on groceries, it's actually cheaper than Citi Rewards Credit Card because its annual fee of S$192.6 is waived for 2 years (Citi Rewards waives it for 1 year only). To top if off, this annual fee can be waivered as long as you spend at least S$10,000 on the card annually. If you are looking for a shopping credit card that earns miles and want to avoid paying high annual fees, OCBC Titanium is an excellent choice.
Pros of OCBC Titanium MasterCard Credit Card
- 2-year annual fee waiver, with subsequent years waived with annual spend of S$10,000
- 4 mile for every S$1 on shopping (offline, online and overseas).
Cons of OCBC Titanium MasterCard Credit Card
- 0.4 miles for every S$1 spent on everything besides shopping or overseas
Best Unlimited Cash Rebate Card for Shopping: Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card
Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card stands out among cashback cards because it has no cap on the amount of cashback one can earn. Unlike cards that has caps on cashback earned, Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card will reward you as much cashback as you want as long as your budget is big enough. It has a flat rate of 1.5% cashback on everything, and a boost of 3% cashback on overseas expenditures. This card is the epitome of convenience, with no monthly spend requirement. With this card, you no longer have to worry about which cards to use for which type of expenditures or how much to spend on each card to meet various requirements.
Pros of Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card
- 1.5% cashback on everything
- No cap on cashback
- No monthly spend requirement
- 2-year waiver for its S$192.6 of annual fee
- Promotion: 3% cashback on all foreign currency spend (until 31 Oct 2017)
- Promotion: S$138 welcome cash bonus
- Bonus: 3% cashback on overseas spending
Cons of Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card
- 1.5% cashback on everything is lower than what you could earn on UOB One.
Highest Flat Rate Cashback Card: UOB One Card
UOB One Card provides one of the best flat rate cashback awards in the country. As long as your monthly spend is consistently about S$2,000, S$1,000 or S$500, UOB One Card awards quarterly rebate ranging from S$50 to S$300. While it could be rather complicated to use, UOB One Card will award up to 5% of cashback on every expenditure on the card including shopping. Given this, we think UOB One is suitable for people who have high visibility on their monthly expenses and can optimize their balance on the card at exactly S$2,000 a month. If you shop quite often and regularly, it could be a great way of getting another 5% off of your shopping spree.
Pros of UOB One Card
- Flat rate cashback of up to 5%, one of the highest in the market
- Up to 24% discount on petrol at SPC and Caltex
- Extra interest income of up to 3.33% on your UOB One Savings account
- High monthly cap on cashback at S$100
- Promotion: S$50 cashback for new customers
Cons of UOB One Card
- High monthly spending requirement of up to S2,000 to qualify for high rewards
- Rather complicated to use to maximize rebate
Best Online Shopping Cash Rebate without Annual Fees: OCBC Frank Card
While its reward on online shopping isn't as high as Standard Chartered SingPost's, OCBC Frank Card still offers a respectable 6% rebate on online expenses, including travel bookings and food delivery orders. Not only that, OCBC Frank card helps you save money up to 5% on other indulgences like entertainment and night life. The highlight of the card relative to other cards featured here, however, is that it is super cheap to use because of its low annual fee of S$90 that is waived for 2 years and subsequently waived with a S$5,00 of annual expenditure. OCBC Frank Card lets you indulge yourself with zero extra costs typically associated with using rewards cards.
Pros of OCBC Frank Card
- Low annual fee of S$90, waived for 2 years and subsequently waived for annual spend of over S$5,000
- 14% off on petrol at Caltex & Esso stations
- 6% rebate on all eligible online spend, including online shopping, travel bookings and food delivery orders
- 5% rebate on all entertainment expenses on weekends, 3% on weekdays
Cons of OCBC Frank card
- Low monthly cap on rebate of S$60
- 3% cashback on auto top-ups are limited to 2 times
Best Supplementary Cashback Card: ANZ Optimum World MasterCard Credit Card
ANZ Optimum World MasterCard Credit Card is a great supplementary card. This card is unique in that it first lets you choose a category and then provides 5% rebate on that category. Categories are shopping, dining & leisure, travel and groceries. It also comes with zero monthly spend requirement, making it quite ideal for anyone who already has a great rewards card that doesn't quite cover everything. For instance, you could choose shopping for ANZ Optimum card's 5% rebate program, and use it along side with Citi Cashback Card that has 8% rebate on food & dining. While every other expenditure will only yield 1% rebate, ANZ Optimum provides the flexibility for cashback optimizers who are looking to maximize cashback on all of their monthly expenses.
Pros of ANZ Optimum World MasterCard Credit Card
- 5% cashback on a category of your choosing
- No cap on cashback
- No minimum spend requirement
- Promotion: S$100 welcome bonus cash and a gift worth S$300
Cons of ANZ Optimum World MasterCard Credit Card
- Relatively high annual fee of S$180, waived 1st year
- Only 1% cashback for categories outside of your choice
Versatile Cashback Card for Shopping: OCBC 365 Credit Card
Just as the name suggests, OCBC 365 Credit Card is meant to be an everyday card providing a wide range of rewards. One of those rewards is 3% rebate on online shopping. While this is not as high as those of other cards mentioned above, OCBC 365 card comes with many other perks like 6% rebate on dining, 3% cashback on groceries, 3% rebate on utilities and 22.2% discounts on petrol. Its reward program is well curated for categories central to everyone’s life. If you are looking for a more versatile card with benefits in shopping, OCBC 365 is an excellent candidate for your choice.
Pros of OCBC 365 Card
- Annual fee waived for 2 years and subsequently waived for annual spend of only S$5,000
- A well rounded mix of high rebates on essential categories for families including:
- Up to 6% on dining
- 3% on online shopping
- Up to 22.2% on petrol
- 3% on groceries
- 3% on recurring utility bills.
- Relatively high monthly cap on cashback of S$80
- Low minimum monthly spend of S$600 to enjoy full benefits
Cons of OCBC 365 Card
- Rebates for major categories like Grocery or Dining lag behind peers
- Relatively high annual fee of S$192.6 if you don’t get the waiver
Summary of Best Shopping Rewards Credit Cards 2017
In case you want a quick look at our picks, here are ValuePenguin's best shopping rewards credit cards for 2017.
|Shopping Cards||Shopping Reward||Annual Fee|
|Standard Chartered SingPost Platinum Visa Credit Card||7% online||S$192.6|
|Citibank Rewards Card||4 miles||S$192.6|
|OCBC Titanium||4 miles||S$192.6|
|UOB One Card||5%||S$192.6|
|Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Card||1.5%||S$192.6|
|OCBC Frank Credit Card||6% online||S$80|
|ANZ Optimum World MasterCard Credit Card||5%||S$180|
|UOB YOLO Card||3% online||S$192.6|
|OCBC 365 Card||3% online||S$192.6|
Best Shopping Rewards Credit Cards by Dollar Value
Below is a visual representation of the approximate savings one can earn by using the best shopping credit cards in Singapore. These dollar values*} represent the approximate amount of rewards a person can earn in cash rebate & air miles when spending S$2,000 per month for 2 years. However, this amount can vary widely depending on what your spending habit looks like and how you redeem your miles.
*ValuePenguin calculates the dollar value of rewards based on S$2,000 of monthly spending. We sum the value of points, miles and cashback in dollar terms and subtract the annual fee over a 24-month period. The estimates here are ValuePenguin's alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer.
Best Department Store Credit Cards
Department stores are a mainstay in the Singapore retail scene, and even if e-commerce and shopping online have become more and more prevalent, you can still find die-hard fans of department stores, especially during card member sales events. One only has to take a look at the queue outside Robinson's department store during card members' sales to know that department stores are still a big part of shopping culture here. If you like to shop at Robinson's, TANGS, Takashimaya or Metro, we think you will like our review of the best department store credit cards in Singapore we prepared for you here.